Safe & Sacred Environment Training
"The whole Church, especially the laity, at both the diocesan and national levels, needs to be engaged in maintaining safe environments in the Church for children and young people." USCCB
This course empowers each of us with the ability to protect all God's children. Successful completion of this course results in recognizing types, signs, characteristics, scenarios, and in general, indicators of suspected abuse.
Diocese of Lake Charles
Safe Environment Training Instructions for NEW Clergy, Staff, Religious & Volunteers
All volunteers, staff, religious and clergy may complete the annual diocesan safe environment training requirement through the Safe & Sacred™ Environment Training Program.
It is as easy as...
- The program is designed to be respectful of the topic and your time. It should only take about one hour to complete.
- The site is accessible anytime and on almost all computers and Internet connections.
- If you have any questions or problems there is a button at the top right corner of almost every screen where there is a “live” person waiting to answer your questions.
- You may also contact Technical Support by calling toll-free: 888-804-9643.
If this is your First Time:
Create a NEW user profile at the RIGHT half of the screen on the training web site: http://safeandsacred-lcdiocese.org Important: Be sure to save your user name and password, so you can return to the website for future training programs. Safe and Sacred login may also be accessed from lcdiocese.org home page by scrolling all the way down to the bottom left corner and pressing on the words Safe Environment. When choosing fields to create your account please read ALL options before selecting one. It is very important to select the correct fields in order to have accurate counts at diocesan audit time.
Download PDF for background check and mail to address on form. If this is for renewal Training: Login with your user name and password that you used last time. If you do not remember either or both, click the Live Help button. No step 2 necessary.
- Complete the “Recognizing Child Abuse” course (if this is your first time taking Safe and Sacred) or the current course (if you are renewing) online at your convenience. Be sure to read the instructions and complete all of the steps: * Review the training program. * Complete the 10 question quiz. (You have as many attempts as needed.) * Review the Diocesan Policies & Code of Professional Conduct * Complete the Make the Commitment activity. * Print the Contact Card. (optionall)
Print and email your certificate from the site to the email address listed below: email@example.com
Everyone who works with young people and/or vulnerable adults shares the responsibility of creating safe environments. We are all charged with treating life with the respect and dignity given to each of us by our Creator.
If you have taken the SAS training in previous years, please click on the link to the right and sign- in as
on the LEFT half of the screen. Be sure to use the same user name and password as for past training programs. Or just Click
Thank you for taking the time to complete this important training.